For Fall 2022 and Spring 2023, I will consider up to 3 students to continue development of CABPortal, a hub of information relating to projects, resources, events, and news that result from CAB course collaborations.
Collaborating Across Boundaries (CAB) is a curriculum model where students in courses from different disciplines collaborate with each other and a community partner on on projects that address community-identified social issues.
CABPortal build upon the ideas of open collaboration. It utilizes concepts of human computation and collective intelligence to enable current and potential adopters to find interdisciplinary courses and project ideas of interest, and to become motivated to participate in the dissemination and sustainability of hosted projects.
Curiosity and a desire to learn and explore new areas within Computer Science and other disciplines.
- To shadow my research (CSC 298) no prior experience is needed, so students can start as early as their first semester at TCNJ. This is typically taken in the first or second years.
- To take CSC 498 as a CS Option or free elective, CS Introductory Core (CSC 220, 230 and 270) and at least two 300-level CS courses. This is typically taken in the junior or senior years.
- To take CSC 498 for CS Capstone, CSC 415 (Software Engineering) and at least two 300-level CS courses. Any of the following would be a plus: CSC 315 (Database Systems), CSC 335 (Algorithms), CSC 360 (Networks). This is typically taken in the junior or senior years.
- Meet with me so we can talk about the project, your interests, work involved, roles and responsibilities. You may choose to complete the 1 course unit in one semester or over two consecutive semesters (0.5 in each semester OR 0.25 in the 1st semester and 0.75 in the 2nd semester).
- Complete and submit the online Mentored Research Enrollment Form. Attach the Capstone Experience Deliverables Agreement with the form if you plan to take CSC 498 for Capstone.
- Once the approval process is completed, Records and Registration will enroll you in the course.
Contact me if you have any questions.