For Spring 2013 I am looking for 2 students to work on either of the following projects:
- Research, design and develop the collaborative infrastructure to support the NSF-funded TUES grant described on the Research page. This project will entail development of web and mobile applications, social computing integration, and hosting on the Amazon AWS EC2 cloud instance.
- Continue development of the web-based system that manages data on brownfields, and legislation related to pollution and the environment. See the Research page for more details on this project.
Background needed: Minimum CSC 260. Any of the following would be a plus: Networks, Database Systems, Algorithms, Mobile App Development.
Process for enrolling in CSC 498 if you are interested on working on either project:
- Make an appointment to see me so we can talk about the project, work involved, roles and responsibilities. You may choose to complete the 1 course unit in one semester or over two consecutive semesters (0.5 in each semester OR 0.25 in the 1st semester and 0.75 in the 2nd semester).
- Complete and sign the Department’s Research Mentoring Contract and Enrollment Form and the College’s Independent Study Enrollment Form and get it signed by me and then Dr. Martinovic.
- Take the signed form over to Records and Registration in Green Hall so that they can enroll you in the course.
- Also complete and sign the Capstone Experience Deliverables Agreement.
Copies of the signed documents will be maintained in your folder in the department.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.